Today we’re going to talk about the changes I felt in the past month.
I have been practicing yoga for about a month now. I try to go to the studio at least twice a week but sometimes I have to rest and skip due to errands and events. However, in the short span of time, I already noticed some changes in my body.
- I don’t crave for food that much. I heard that things that you crave for are reflective of what your body lacks and I guess since I dont crave that much, I am getting more nutrients that I need.
- It is easier to eat healthy. With lesser cravings, I now opt to get healthier options. ( I actually made a post about understanding how yogis can decide to go vegitarian and take care of their body better. See it here)
- I do not drink soft drinks as much (and noticed that during days when I don’t go to yoga classes are days when I look for it more)
- I feel less sluggish.
- I feel more motivated to work. I don’t know if this is all in my head but yoga practice helps me focus more and recalibrate myself which makes work easier and less of a burden.
- I can see some improvements in flexibility! I can now put my head a little closer to the mat during forward folds and with straight knees too!
- I feel a little more stronger.
So far these are the changes! Hoping to see more positive changes soon!
Now for the pose of the day
Virasana/ hero pose
Knees together with legs hip length apart with the tops of your feet touching the mat. Sit your bum in between your legs and try not to strain the tops of your feet/ankles. Bolsters or yoga blocks are recommended as needed.
- Stretches the thighs, knees, and ankles
- Strengthens the arches
- Improves digestion and relieves gas
- Helps relieve the symptoms of menopause
- Reduces swelling of the legs during pregnancy (through second trimester)
- Therapeutic for high blood pressure and asthma
Here’s the full article from yoga journal.
Continue feeling better, friends!